This weekend LockNet will be participating in the Jessamine County Relay for Life and all of our hard work over the last few weeks will finally come to fruition. The employees here at LockNet have worked hard and had fun while they raised money for the cause. There were Penny Wars, a raffle, some delicious pizza… and all for charity! This Saturday is the big event and there will be tons of action if you decide to come out and hang out with us. (You can find information about where we’ll be here.)
But before we get to that, I have one more story to share with you. Whitney Perkins works in the service department and is one of the most genuinely nice people I’ve ever met. She’s friendly and kind and unfortunately, she has a personal story about cancer to share as well.
LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Whitney Perkins
Unfortunately, many people in my life have been affected by cancer. My grandfather, my aunt, several cousins, friends – too many people to count. I find myself ultimately inspired by my lifelong friend, Ashley Sullivan.
We grew up next door to each other and have been friends since day one and thirty years later, that hasn’t changed. At 26, she was diagnosed with colon cancer, had emergency surgery and nearly died. From that moment on, she became the fighter I’ve always known she could be. We all wanted and needed her to be around, especially her husband and one-year-old daughter, Aubrey.
Ashley recovered from the surgery, started chemo and eventually went into remission. As of two months ago, she has fought and beat cancer a third time. She continues to fight her battle and works daily to raise awareness by sharing her story with others.
How You Can Help
These are the final
- Audit Trails: Everything You Need to Know - July 20, 2017
- Cabinet and Drawer Locks: What You Need to Know - July 13, 2017
- Door Hardware Warranties: An Easy Way to Save - July 6, 2017
- Broken Keys: LockNet Has Some Tips - June 29, 2017
- Code Compliance, Picking Locks & LockNet - June 22, 2017
- Relay for Life: The Main Event - June 15, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Whitney Perkins - June 8, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Samantha Mudd - June 1, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Diana Thielen - May 25, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Andrew Rajchel - May 18, 2017