We’re continuing to share LockNet employees’ personal experiences with cancer in the weeks leading up to Relay for Life and this week, I’m featuring Samantha Mudd. Sam has been at LockNet for a little less than a year now and when I sat in on her interview to be hired, I can remember her telling us the story of her sister and how it affected her. It’s not every day that an interview brings people to tears but this one was an exception. Sam’s story of how she gained strength from her sister’s situation was very touching, so it’s no surprise she’s willing to share her story with others.
LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Samantha Mudd
In September 2009, my family was rocked with the news that my 17-year-old sister, Shannon, had been diagnosed with an extremely rare Neuroendocrine cancer. Although her prognosis was only four to six months of life, she kept her head high and she fought the disease with the most grace I’ve ever witnessed. During her fight, she was an inspiration to everyone around her including her family, friends, classmates, doctors, and nurses. Shannon passed away on February 10, 2010 after sustaining a very minor head injury that led to brain damage from the blood thinners she was taking for chemotherapy. I share her story to remind everyone that life is so precious and we aren’t guaranteed tomorrow. Cancer doesn’t discriminate based on age, race, or religion. Please participate in this cause to help raise awareness for this horrible disease and to help make sure that in the future we won’t have to say goodbye too soon to our sisters, mothers, fathers, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, children, and friends.
How You Can Help
If you would like to get involved with our current fundraising for the local Relay for Life event, you can! You can donate to our team as we work toward our goal of $4,000. If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in the comment boxes down below. We love hearing from our audience and it’s nice to know how much support is really out there.
- Code Compliance, Picking Locks & LockNet - June 22, 2017
- Relay for Life: The Main Event - June 15, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Whitney Perkins - June 8, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Samantha Mudd - June 1, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Diana Thielen - May 25, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Andrew Rajchel - May 18, 2017
- LockNet Employees Share Personal Experiences with Cancer - May 11, 2017
- LockNet Gets Ready for the Jessamine County Relay for Life - May 4, 2017
- The New LockNet Warehouse - April 27, 2017
- Hardware Grades: Which One Works Best? - April 20, 2017