Even though LockNet services businesses across the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and even Guam, we are still Kentucky built and raised company and feel it’s very important to support our hometown of Nicholasville, KY. One of the ways we do that is through company-wide participation in local community events throughout the year.
One of our traditions is the Jessamine County Relay for Life. Locknet has participated in the relay for the past 3 years.
It’s a great event that supports an even greater cause – cancer research.
This year is no different and we have a great team working to raise funds for the cause.
Jessamine County Relay for Life
If you aren’t familiar, the event itself is a six hour walk at a local track where participants come and walk in support of those currently fighting the disease and those who have lost their battle. Each team that participates has the option to set up a booth to represent their team.
This is the first year LockNet has a booth and we have some really exciting things in store. You’ll find face painting for kids (or adults, if that’s your thing) some games and of course, food to snack on. We’ll also be holding a raffle.
What We Have Planned
We have a fundraising goal of $4,000, and several things planned to help us reach it. The one I’m most excited about are the Penny Wars set up in our different departments. This pits the departments against one another. You participate by dropping pennies in your department’s cup and the pennies count as points for the game.
Every penny that goes in is one point but if someone comes by and drops a silver coin in, that amounts counts as points against your team. If you’re competitive like we are, we’re basically going to be throwing money at each other in order to win. (For a good cause, of course.)
How You Can Help
We’re so excited to participate in this great event again and hit (or surpass) or fundraising goal. And that’s where you come in. If you’re so inclined, you can help us reach our goal and fund cancer research by donating here.
It’s as simple as clicking the Donate button on the page and following the instructions.
If you have any questions about LockNet or our participation in Relay for Life, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can contact us here. We hope to hear from you!
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Diana Thielen - May 25, 2017
- LockNet Personal Cancer Story: Andrew Rajchel - May 18, 2017
- LockNet Employees Share Personal Experiences with Cancer - May 11, 2017
- LockNet Gets Ready for the Jessamine County Relay for Life - May 4, 2017
- The New LockNet Warehouse - April 27, 2017
- Hardware Grades: Which One Works Best? - April 20, 2017
- Security Hinges: What Are You Working With? - April 13, 2017
- Is Chip Security the New Key? - April 6, 2017
- Is Your Door Hardware About to Break? - March 30, 2017
- Biometric Locks and Access Control - March 23, 2017